Did you know after-hour calls and telephone consultations are now reimbursable?
Telephone calls between patients and providers, including nurse practitioners and physician assistants, are now considered telehealth. Medicare, and some private payors, recently approved CPT codes 99421-99423, 99441-99443, and 98966-98968 for coverage. MedXCom practices that are already taking advantage of this are now earning an additional $1,000 of revenue each month per provider.
“I’m now getting paid for all of my after hour calls. What a difference!” -Dr. R
MedXCom makes documenting your calls for reimbursement submission as simple as can be. Calls into and out of the system are recorded and timed, and any pre-call work and post-call notes can be easily entered. MedXCom archives all of this information for 23 years, and is accessible at any time.
How the Codes Work
Returning Patient-Initiated Calls
- 99421 (5-10 minutes – pays approximately $15)
- 99422 (11-20 minutes – pays approximately $31)
- 99423 (21+ minutes – pays approximately $50)
Telephone Consultative Services
- 99441 (5-10 minutes – pays approximately $15)
- 99442 (11-20 minutes – pays approximately $28)
- 99443 (21+ minutes – pays approximately $41)
Qualified Medical Assistants
- 98966 (5-10 minutes – pays approximately $15)
- 98967 (11-20 minutes – pays approximately $28)
- 98968 (21+ minutes – pays approximately $41)
How MedXCom Facilitates Patient Calls and Documentation
- Secure and HIPAA-compliant platform
- Calls into and out of the system are recorded
- Length of calls are automatically timed
- Pre-call work and post-call notes can be easily entered
- Caller ID protection by displaying the public practice number
- Conversations are archived for 23 years
- Interfaces with EMR (depending on EMR vendor)
Want to Learn More?
Give us a call at 877-633-9776 ext. 1, or click below to contact us and a representative will get in touch with you.